Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"She-le-le"

Zion, oh Zion. She talks and sings, and repeats everything she hears. She's a non-stop chatter box. And I'm loving every minute of it. These are a few of my favorites:

  1. "I Yien" - translation - "I'm Zion"
  2. "She-le-le"- translation - "Cereal"
  3. "shome" - translation - "Phone"

Yeah, those are the one's that I can't quite figure out how she got them. I've tried helping her sound them out. For example, cereal. I'll break it down like so, asking her to repeat after me, "Si", "re", "al". And she'll say each syllable exactly how I did, then I'll ask her to repeat "cereal", and she says, "she-le-le"! Same goes for 'phone' and 'Zion'. She can say her Z's, and F's just not when it comes to those words. Go figure? Oh and she sings "Happy birthday to you", but it sounds like, "Eh, birday to you, eh bir-day to-you...". But we try to discourage her from that song, she thinks if she sings it a cake will magically apear.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Haley,,ma name is Penny,am Eric's cousin in kenya.Av been longing to see those little angles that eric tells us about when he calls n i finally get the chance to but u have a black back ground in your blgo and its really hard t read what u've written there. so please changeit and make it brighter....thanx... say hello to eric,the children n his mom 4 me.

Michelle said...

Too cute. I love when kids start talking, they sound so cute and say the funniest things. I'd love to see Zion and Ez now, they're both such cute kids.

Michelle said...

That is so funny - I love it!!!

Stephanie said...

you figured it out. very cute