Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day Tribute!

Now, I know you're all thinking that you have the best dad ever, but I'm sorry to say that No One has a better dad than I do. Seriously, some may come close but none are better- well, to me anyway! Now as we all know, tomorrow is June 15th, Father's Day, but you see, June 15th is also my birthday. Yes, it's true! Every, I don't know how many years-dad, I'm sure you'd know- Father's Day falls on my birthday. I always thought that I was so special, having my dad open presents on the same day as me, just the two of us. And this year will be the first that we won't be together to celebrate. So, dad here's some good memories....
For laughs- I remember, when you used to have hair, Steph and I used to comb/brush your hair, and put bows and clips in it, funny enough, I think mom took a picture of it once.
Dad, you always were the one we'd, I'd, go to if I knew mom would say "NO", but you usually would say, "go ask your mother".
I think I have only 2 memories of you getting mad at me, one was when I broke the chair, I was sitting on it wrong, and you told me not to lean back on it, and sure enough I broke it. And man, when I fell, I just remember running to my room before you could catch me! The other time I believe was during Junior High, I told you and mom that I had, I think, a 3-4 page report due in the morning-yes, I'm a great procrastinator. And we all stayed up all stayed up late, late, late, till it was finished.
And then my favorites was, is, when you would sing my song, the primary song-" if you chance to meet a frown" Just the first word, "If..." would force a smile on my face.
Dad, thanks for always being there for me, to make me laugh, and put me in my place. Thank you for being my dad, so patient and understanding. I love you dad, happy father's day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Haley! Can you believe we are 24?

The Bruces said...

Happy bday haley I miss you and love you! what are you 30 now? jk

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you! i hope all is well!

heather said...

Happy Birthday Haley! I miss you too, so much! Come visit soon!

Souli & Ashley said...

Happy Birthday. You do have a great dad. He loves you all so much.

Stephanie said...

Hey! Happy birthday!! Sorry so late. I agree about your dad, he is a great guy.