Saturday, March 15, 2008

Lotion

Exhibit A: Hair slicked to side of head with lotion, and hand in containerExhibit B: Zion showing off her shiney, overly oily hair Exhibit C: Notice hands and shirt sleeves soaked in oil, pay no attention to the black dots on arm, that's only paint from the freshly painted stair rail outside.
So for all of you who may not know, Zion's hair is not like mine, but it's not quite like her daddy's either. It is a little of both, very curly, and dry, but fine. So in order to do anything to it, to make it look decent, I have to use special oils and/or lotions for her hair. So earlier today I did Zion's hair, and I always put everything away after I use it to prevent any messes. But unfortunately, today, I thought- 'eh, it'll be ok, I'll put it away later. And I went on about my day, doing laundry, dishes, etc. In the meantime Zion took a nap, and then after lunch I turned on some Hanna Montana for her to watch while I fed Ez. So of course as I'm feeding him, I'm thinking she is being a good little girl, but to my surprise, in the silence of the moment I went to check on her. "Look mommy lotion", she says as she wipes a handful of lotion in her hair and onto her face. I think she had used almost half of the container on her hair, can you believe it? What a silly goose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahahah ahhh that is great1 first the butter and now the lotion! she must be attracted to slippery, oily things lol.
too cute!
kels

The Obergs said...

Haley, how are you!? I feel like it has been an eternity since I last saw you. I will admit that I did look at your blog a few times before and I totally didn't even recognize that it was you until you left your comment. You look GREAT and your kids are so adorable! Little Zion is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. It was good hearing from you. Let's keep in touch.