Saturday, April 12, 2008

TWO Precious



Zion Zi"on\, n. [Heb. ts[=i]y?n, originally, a hill.]
1. (Jewish Antiq.) A hill in Jerusalem, which, after the capture of that city by the Israelites, became the royal residence of David and his successors.
2. Hence, the theocracy, or church of God.
3. The heavenly Jerusalem; heaven.

Zion is 2 years old. Some of her favorite things are:

  • giving and receiving hugs and kisses
  • tv show- Hanna Montana, and Sponge bob square pants
  • food- chicken, I have to force her to eat anything else these days.
  • things to say- mmm...alicious (delicious), ew agussing (disgusting), mommy-daddy-baby-bottle, shh Ez no crying, no change a diaper mommy!, and my favorite when she sings 'Umbrella', yes she also loves to sing. She'll find anything that she can use as a 'micaphone' (microphone), and she'll sing- ella, ella, comethia bela, eh eh eh.....

It's the best ever. Zion loves learning new words, helping mommy & daddy cook, coloring and reading, cleaning, and being a big sister to her little brother. She is growing and learning everyday. I can't believe she used to be just a baby, now some days I look at her and think, wow, she's not a little baby anymore. She's such a big girl. She teaches me things, and shows me a better side of life. And I love how every morning she comes into our room to say good morning. Always so happy and ready to start a new day. She is our peacemaker, always makes sure Ez is ok, and she's always there to wipe a tear, or to tell daddy to give mommy a kiss before he leaves for work, and vice versa.Ezekiel–noun
1. a Major Prophet of the 6th century b.c.
2.a book of the Bible bearing his name. Abbreviation: Ezek.
3.Moses Jacob, 1844–1917, U.S. sculptor, in Rome.
4.a male given name: from a Hebrew word meaning “God strengthens.”

And then how can I forget our little man, Ezekiel. He is now 6 months old and getting two bottom teeth in that beautiful smile of his. First of all I need to say what a sweet baby he has been. Not that Zion wasn't, but ever since he found his thumb 5 months ago he's been an angel. Sleeping all night long, sometimes 13 hours. And every morning, or after he wakes from a nap he'll sometimes just lay there in his bed and just be content. He'll stare up at the fish hanging above him, or look at all the fun trucks, and colors on the bumper on the inside of the crib. And he won't make a fuss. But I'll here a little coo and go check on him and instantly he smiles and starts kicking his little legs so jovially. And my heart is filled with joy. He loves laughing at his silly big sister, listening to music, playing with his toys, and taking a bath. Ez has such a loving personality, easy going and easy to please. He also teaches me not to take things so seriously, just to relax and be Ez. How fortunate, and thankful I am to be so blessed to have such happy, healthy children.

4 comments:

The Bruces said...

oh haley
what a good mother you are. and what sweet
children indeed... now dont expect it to last forever, LOL I cant wait to see the kids... its making me crazy
love you guys

Stephanie said...

Your kids are both so beautiful! You are so lucky that Ez sleeps good. That has been my biggest battle. My next kid better be an angel sleeper, i deserve it.

Amy said...

They are so darling, MMMmalicious that is hilarious I may use that in vocabulary now!

Michelle said...

Reading that made me think about how much I LOVE being a mom! It's so fun to think about our kids and how happy they make us!!!