Monday, October 15, 2007

A day in the life...




Wow! Me, a wife and a mother of not one, but two little tykes. It's crazy to think that I was once a baby like them and my mom woke up at all hours of the night taking care of me. I have really learned to love and appreciate my mom more by being a mom myself. I won't lie, being a mom isn't easy or always what we want or expect it to be. But it I would never trade it for the world. The joy and happiness you receive by being a mom is priceless.
Like last night for example. Ezekiel was awake, let's just say, most of the night. And Zion decided to wake up around 1 am and again at 6 am. So this morning I was overly tired and ornery from lack of sleep. I went to get Ezekiel to change his diaper. And Zion followed after me, then climbed up to peek at what mommy was doing. Then she said,with a look of disgust, "Ewwww.......dirty!" as I continued to change his messy diaper she repeated again and again, each time growing with more intensity and enthusiasm than the first. "Eeeewwww.....Dirty!" As if it was going to reach out and grab her. I couldn't help but laugh and right there and then my thoughts of ME were vanished.
It's the little things that they do that make me realize how blessed I am.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

true dat' I can't believe that I'm a mom, or a mom of 2. and I can't believe that my lil sis is a mom of 2. crazy. I think about mom taking care of us as babies all the time and how fast we grew up and now we are doing the same thing. I think of it often, even today in fact.
Just looking at lil Bryn and how big she is already, makes me want to stop time. Then I look at Locke and he is so grown up and only gona get older, I have conversations him him. that is freakin me out.
he is such a sweet boy, i dont want him to grow up, but i guess thats part of the game.

i'm so glad that you are blogging. it gives me a different view of you, i mean, don't get me wrong, i know you. you are my sis. but just talking on the phone i never get to hear what your true feelings are, like when you write.
anyways, i feel the same and I love what you wrote.
it's weird. i just feel like i really miss you right now. i wish you lived closer so we could hang out all the time and do everything together. and let the kids play everyday. how fun!
well heck, why don't we? why don't we start trading off dinners, we'll have y'all out then you have us.
what do you say?

April said...

Love him, so cute. And yes, being a mom defintely makes you appreciate your own mom. Don't we have the best moms?